Travelling exhibition from the National Army Museum - 'Heartlanders of World War One' - about New Zealanders on the Western Front.
A travelling museum exhibition from the National Army Museum which tells the stories of ordinary New Zealanders in the First World War and takes their stories back to the communities where their journey began.
The exhibition, which is free to visit, is travelling in 3 shipping containers around New Zealand. The exhibition provides a good overview of New Zealanders' involvement in the First World War and the stories of our brave men and women are supported by artefacts that belonged to these people.
The exhibition also contains an Auckland War Memorial Museum Cenotaph Digitisation Unit which will enable the public to search the Cenotaph database for information on soldiers who have served.
View the exhibition details for the following towns and cities:
- Palmerston North, 10-11 October 2015
- New Plymouth, 13-14 October 2015
- Cambridge, 16 October 2015
- Whangarei, 18-19 October 2015
- West Auckland, 21 October 2015
- Auckland city, 22 October 2015
- Waihi, 24 October 2015
- Tauranga, 26 October 2015
- Gisborne, 28-29 October 2015
- Napier, 31 October - 1 November 2015
- Masterton, 3 November 2015
- Wellington, 7 November 2015
- Levin, 9 November 2015
- Ohakune, 11 November 2015
- Blenheim, 17-18 February 2016
- Christchurch, 20-21 February 2016
- Dunedin, 24-25 February 2016
- Invercargill, 27-28 February 2016
- Wanaka, 2-3 March 2016
- Timaru, 5-6 March 2016
- Westport, 9-10 March 2016
- Nelson, 12-13 March 2016
- Waiōuru, 19-28 April 2017