Online and mobile historical content – including free apps, plus improving New Zealand-related information and signage at overseas battlefields and associated museums.
As part of New Zealand’s First World War centenary programme, the WW100 Office worked with Locales to develop the Ngā Tapuwae New Zealand First World War Trails. This legacy project will provide better information about New Zealand’s contributions to the First World War, by providing heritage site interpretation at Gallipoli and in Western Europe. It will help New Zealanders plan their travel and get the most out of visiting First World War sites in these areas.
New technologies put accurate and lively commentary into visitors’ hands using immersive app and web resources, on-site information and other material. It makes rich historical narratives from soldiers’ diaries, powerful images of men in war situations and accurate site guides easily accessible.
The Ngā Tapuwae Gallipoli and Ngā Tapuwae Western Front trails has been completed, and are available for download through the Ngā Tapuwae website.
- Download a Zip file of the Ngā Tapuwae Gallipoli printable guides (4.54 MB)
- Download the Ngā Tapuwae Western Front app, printable guides or e-books
- Download the graphics of the sign on the Departure of the troops: JPEG (976 KB) or PDF (2.75 MB)
- Download the Brockenhurst sign graphics: JPEG (1.49 MB) or PDF (1.82 MB)
- Download the Somme 1916 sign graphics: JPEG (3.77 MB) or PDF (4.03 MB)
- Download the Messines sign graphics: JPEG (3.80 MB) or PDF (4.16 MB)
- Download the Passchendaele sign graphics: JPEG (3.76 MB) or PDF (4.05 MB)
- Download the Le Quesnoy sign graphics: JPEG (3.05 MB) or PDF (3.43 MB)
- Download the brochure for the Ngā Tapuwae Gallipoli trail (1.63 MB)
- Download the brochure for the Ngā Tapuwae Western Front trail (1.35 MB)