The Belgians Have Not Forgotten is an exhibition created by the Memorial Museum Passchendaele, touring New Zealand venues in 2017.
The Belgians Have Not Forgotten is an exhibition created by the Memorial Museum Passchendaele, with funding and support from the Federal Government of Belgium, touring Australian and New Zealand venues in 2017.
Its purpose is to show New Zealanders and Australians, many of whom had relatives who fought in Flanders Fields a century ago, that Belgians have not forgotten our traumatic common history. Photographs, movies, artwork and artefacts from the battlefields illustrate the war experience while highlighting the commemorative events and memories of war which live on in Belgium.
- Waikato Museum, Hamilton – 13 April to 28 May 2017
- Navy League, TS Achilles, Auckland – 8-30 June 2017
- National War Memorial, Wellington – 10-28 July 2017
- Air Force Museum of New Zealand, Christchurch – 8-27 August 2017
- Waimakariri District Council, Rangiora – 4-15 September
- Toitū Otago Settlers Museum, Dunedin – 22 September to 19 November 2017